Thursday, December 30, 2010

Movie Review

I LOVE watching movies. I love going to the movies, love staying in to watch movies, even love cuddling in my bed watching movies on my ipad via netflix. I like comedies, romance, thrillers, dramas, and the occassional scary movie. When hearing how many award nominations 'Black Swan' has been receiving, I was dying to see what all the hype was about. Having danced when I was younger, and who didn't love 'Center Stage'?, I was very interested in the plot. However, I guess I didn't really know all that much about the plot. After dragging little Dares to attend the weird, often sadistic film, I was left unsatisfied and displeased. Between trying to decipher dreams from reality, and live actors from dead, the abundance of blood really turned me off. Definitely not the worst movie I've ever seen, but definitely not one I'd recommend either.


On a lighter note, the third of the 'Fockers' trilogy is sure to bring some chuckles. After viewing 'Little Fockers' last night, I'm back on the bandwagon with 'The 1st is Always the Best'. If you need some light-hearted, mindless entertainment and don't mind excessive sexual innuendos, it's a great flick. That said, it doesn't compare to the first or even second 'Focker' comedy.

1 comment:

  1. omg i totally agree about black swan. it was so dark...i get why its so hyped but i was confused and scared and it gave me nightmares. :) love you

    ReplyDelete